New installations are a common feature at the workplace. However, when these installations pertain to heavy and valuable items, extra caution is needed to ensure a smooth offloading, carriage, and delivery of the said items to where they are needed. When you are in such a situation, the right machinery to get is a forklift. A forklift can lift, carry, offload, and position huge items both indoors and outdoors with relative ease.
Read on to learn more about forklift hire services.
Installations where forklift hire is needed
Any installation that involves an item that is too heavy or too big to be handled easily by two people requires a forklift. The same goes for elevated installations where people cannot reach with ease. Using hydraulic action, a forklift can easily handle goods of heavy weights and/or with odd dimensions. At the workplace, common installations that fit this description include the following: generators, plants, inverters, printers, motors, pumps, construction materials, pallet-wrapping machines, work tables, as well as processing and manufacturing machinery.
Benefits of hiring a forklift for your installations
There are several reasons why you should go to the trouble and expense of hiring a forklift as opposed to trying to install heavy equipment manually:
- Make work easier: with a forklift, no installation is too large to handle.
- Avoid worker injury and potential liability costs: Safe Work practices require that you safeguard your employees from dangerous chores where possible, such as heavy installations.
- Retain product warranty: some manufacturers demand products require machine installation to avoid voiding product warranty agreements.
- Avoid item damage: a forklift installation guarantees that the product in question is handled carefully without the risk of dropping, denting or tampering with the controls.
- Reduce installation time & work downtime: A forklift installation can take just minutes, ensuring that your business gets back to normal operations without any undue delays or disruptions.
How to go about getting a forklift for your installations:
- If you plan to get a new item that requires special handling, plan to hire a forklift early.
- Find a forklift hire company near you. The nearer the better; in order to avoid logistics problems and costs.
- Explain to your hire company the nature of the items you're dealing in--how much they weigh, their dimensions, how high they need to be unloaded and installed, and what type of terrain they need to be moved over.
Your forklift hire company will then provide you with a forklift unit and driver to carry out the installation safely, quickly and professionally.